Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 83 - Death in the Air

The girls and I made is safely to Colorado this morning.  I have been up almost 24 hours at this point.  I am tired but happy to see my parents. 

As I was doing my mile today (in much thinner air), I was reflecting on how the last few hours must have been in Jesus life before resurrection.  As I was huffing and puffing and enjoying the Colorado altitude, it struck me how the simplest of tasks can be difficult when we are faced with outside forces. 

Jesus knew what he was facing and even though his disciples had heard him intimate his death, they just didn't get it.  They did not grasp the magnitude of what was about to happen.  I wonder if the air was thin that night making it hard to breathe.  Did they anticipate the struggle he was about to face?  How would I have felt feeling the death of sin in the air?  I was feeling the heaviness today for a reason. 

What a blessing that Jesus took OUR sin upon himself so that even one could live.  I cannot be thankful enough for my life and for the God who created me and gave his son to save me despite my faults.  Thank you!!!

Matthew 20:17-19

No comments:

Post a Comment