Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 82 – To Everything…turn, turn, turn

Day 82 – You're kidding me…right?! Man what a day it was! Another one of those days where anything and everything could go wrong…did. Some of the goofy highlights were that my dog peed on our bed followed by him peeing all over paperwork for my doctor's appointment today. Nothing like walking into the doctor and saying, "The dog peed on my homework." They probably haven't heard that one yet nor will they again! I actually was stupid enough in the middle of the day after a myriad of other things that went wrong to say, "The only thing that would top off the day would be one of my kids getting hurt" I kept thinking my oldest would be at drama – so it wouldn't be her, my son would be with me but my middle daughter was running track. After she got done – I thought we were in the clear. WRONG! Not even 15 minutes after getting in the car, I got a phone call from my oldest saying that her eye was swollen shut and she was in a lot of pain. Normally that wouldn't be an issue but we are flying in the morning to Colorado. We needed treatment tonight and she wasn't getting out of rehearsal until 10. The only place open at that hour is the ER. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

All that to say…she is fine. She has some goofy virus and antibiotic drops. I could go into many stories surrounding that and everything else today…but it isn't the point. The point is to turn everything over to God even when it is difficult and coming at you like spears from an enemy. It truly was a day full of attacks from the enemy. There were moments when I fell prey to it and other moments when I could sit there and say, "Really?!!"

It is just another day learning to continue to turn it over to God. The blessing through this journey has been to see how clearly He has walked with me every step of the way even when I am being a goober.

Psalm 14:2

 2 The LORD looks down from heaven
       on the sons of men
       to see if there are any who understand,
       any who seek God.

No comments:

Post a Comment