Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 81 – More Lessons…

Day 81 – Tonight, I was truly not looking forward to my mile time primarily because I was physically not up to it. Spiritually, I was looking forward to the time with God. However, I waited until the last minute (just nature of the crazy day I had) and instead of carving out time at the beginning of the day – I waited until I had nothing left to give back to God. Funny how you can go 80 days and still have the same issues.

I think that is true for almost everyone. There are moments when we will kick one habit and eventually it will rear its ugly head and reappear. You will think that habit is long over and suddenly you are right back to day one. Today was that day for me. I know better than to wait until the end of the day to give anything to God. It isn't that I didn't pray throughout the day or spend any time with him. However, that dedicated time was last today instead of first. Makes me sad…

It is so important for us to take that time and start the day that way. It is important to keep Scripture in front of us. So many people have asked me why. The reason is simple…the Word is living and breathing. Go to John 1 if you don't believe me. It says:

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

The Bible also talks about how we need to keep that word close to our heart and help our children understand it as well.

Deuteronomy 6:6-9

Write these commandments that I've given you today on your hearts. Get them inside of you and then get them inside your children. Talk about them wherever you are, sitting at home or walking in the street; talk about them from the time you get up in the morning to when you fall into bed at night. Tie them on your hands and foreheads as a reminder; inscribe them on the doorposts of your homes and on your city gates.


 

I know that God knows my heart and knows it was not intentional to start the day without Him. I'm blessed to know that while I have slip ups – He forgives me. I tell you this – I can tell the days where I don't start with Him. They are always more trying, tiring and lacking the sweetness of other days. Ah…live and learn…even on day 81!!!

1 comment:

  1. I wish it were a 1,000 day challenge. I am really not looking forward to the end!! And I mean that in the best possible way. :)

    ReplyDelete