Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 55 – Stop!


Day 55 – I'm getting this in just under the wire tonight having only gotten home about 30 minutes before midnight.

My best friend blew her knee at a basketball game tonight and off I went to meet her at the hospital. She has had multiple knee injuries over the years so this was nothing new to her. Tonight, her basketball team that she coached was playing against the faculty.  She played until her knee started to give out.  Her heart was to be on that basketball floor with the team that she had coached all season but after it gave out multiple times, she knew she needed to stop. I can only imagine how difficult that was for her.

Her situation made me think during my mile tonight. How often are we in situations where we continually beat our heads against the wall and still are falling apart? I know I have had that experience in a multitude of ways. Sometimes we just need to stop and listen and hear God's leading rather than keep doing what we were doing. I am VERY guilty of not always listening. Aren't we all?
There are times when we will be asked to push forward even through pain and then there are times when we will be asked to stop what we are doing and the only way to know the difference is to truly listen to God.
John 6:44-46:
44"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day. 45It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.'[a] Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me.
46No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reminding me where to keep my eyes.

    ReplyDelete