Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 80 – Hold your Breath

Day 80 – 50 seconds….that's exactly how long I can hold my breath while watching my children doing track. Track season officially started today and both of my older girls are doing track. I learned last year that I basically hold my breath during most of their events. That worked last year because my oldest did high jump, long jump and the 4x200. Well, high and long jumps are only seconds between each jump. The 200 was only 30 seconds of asthma inducing breath holding. This year, my oldest has been put in the 400 in addition to jumps. That's slightly longer to hold my breath. My middle daughter got put in the 400 and the 800 – so more breath control there as well.

I don't have any delusion that I can somehow effect the change in their performance. I just can't help it when I want them to do well for their own self-confidence and worth. It is exciting to see them do well and see the smiles on their faces along with seeing their friends cheering for them. I also skip a breath when they don't do well because I know how disappointed they are in themselves. I know that they think I will be disappointed with them but my heart just breaks for them when they don't do their best.

I wonder what God thinks or does when we, his children, are doing well or not well. I don't suppose he holds his breath since he isn't human but you know it must bring a smile to his face every time we shine his glory. No need for him to boast as he made all of us and he can just sit back and enjoy his creation.

Matthew 10:30-32 (not necessarily the verse I would normally choose)

30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

 32"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.

I pulled out that set of verses because it shows that God takes time to pay attention to detail even the number of hairs on your head…so for those of you who think he doesn't have time to sit and watch you and just enjoy – he makes the time! He wants to be there for your highest moments and your lowest of lows. You are His wonderful creation and YOU ARE GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment