Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 54 - The Test

Day 54 – I have to laugh as it was another day of learning and not the easy way. I got up as usual and got ready to take my son to school. He had asked to go early today – which was a blessing in retrospect. We got in the car and it wouldn’t turn over. You remember that “check engine” light? Well, the car didn’t work any longer.


I immediately started to cry. I had exactly 1 hour of sleep last night and just kind of hit that straw that broke the camel’s back moment. I had my car scheduled for service tomorrow, but NO…it had to break down today! I called my friend and asked if she would come get my son while I figured out what to do. I could have waited until tomorrow but regardless, it was going to need to be towed. Long story made short, I had the car towed.

About 15 minutes into the process, I stopped and tried to laugh and said, “Ok God, you are clearly in control and I am definitely not and only YOU know the reason why this is happening.” My husband had been away until yesterday and had my car broken down sooner, it would have been utter disaster. So, in a way, it was all a blessing how it happened.

My car ended up being fine in the end. I owed nothing. How often does that happen?! Never! Because my car was low on gas, somehow when I didn’t turn over the car long enough I managed to flood the engine today. I was always taught that if you let it sit too long trying to turn over it would flood – but what do I know?! Anyway, it all ended up being nothing. So, why would I go through that today?

The message that came through was that it was truly a test of just trusting God and letting things happen however it comes. That isn’t always easy especially in the middle of crisis. I didn’t do too badly today as I did stop myself from panic and let it happen however. I am grateful to not need the 2x4 impact for me to get it.

Joshua 1:9


“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”-

No comments:

Post a Comment