Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 68 – The “P” Word

Day 68 – The one word I rarely pray for is "patience". There is a reason for that! Whenever I do pray for that – I get it in huge quantities and not in the way that you would probably hope. I know that when I pray for that, I usually am hoping for a reprieve from the situation. It is funny how we think that patience means a break from stress.

Our Bible study has been studying Esther and learning how she had to wait upon God. Clearly there isn't a book written about me and my effort to further the kingdom of God. The patience and waiting on the Lord would probably be severely lacking in those writings.

In effort to try to just sit back and listen to God, I have learned enormous amounts of patience without asking for it. I probably still won't ask for that in prayer. In my mind – it is still considered the "P" word. However, I have thoroughly enjoyed the daily respite with God to learn what He has for me that day.

Romans 15:13

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."-

I guess I realized that even though I desperately try to entrust God with everything – I inevitably don't because I don't let go and just trust the patience process. I want what I want when I want it…don't you?! Truth be told, I have been praying about certain things for so many years – it is hard to count. However, as we learned in Bible study today, …am I waiting upon the event, a heart change or truly waiting on God's timing in the whole process? Well, in honesty..probably not waiting on God's timing.

I really like the verse in Romans because as we learn to just trust Him and his timing, we are filled and overflowing with the power and hope of the Holy Spirit. May we all feel so blessed! I will continue to work on that process and maybe even pray the "P" word periodically.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment