Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 70 – Milk

Day 70 – Did I just type the right number? Is it really day 70?! I will be honest with you – when I started this journey…again…I wasn't sure I would make it to day 7 let alone day 70. It is so critical for my ADD to see this through to the end.

I cannot tell you how many ways I have been distracted along the way to try to pull me from my mile. It is such a routine now – I'm not sure I can give it up. That time during my day is such a breath of fresh air…sometimes huffing and puffing…that I think I might be sad without it. It has truly shown me how empty we can truly be without that time with God. You do truly start to crave that time and for more of His Word.

It truly has been funny to watch scripture pop up in different places and at different times. If you haven't ever believed that the Bible is living…just try the experiment that I have been doing. There are times when I will have written something the previous night and then at church, the scripture is identical. Or, someone will say the exact words that had just crossed my path in the mile.

The scripture that popped up today is so appropriate and I think you will see why.

1 Peter 2:2-3

"Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good."-

The Lord is good and every word is like a beautiful feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment