Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 75 - Waiting

Day 75 – You know it is funny how this whole project started and I suppose the ending is not going to be any different. I started with a question that I have had for God for quite some time. It is something I haven't received an answer to for years. He made it clear to me that I would start to receive an answer if I went on this quest. Today, I received part of the answer. It was calming and there were no bells that went off at the event. I just calmly received what I have awaited and not heard anything on until today.

I realize I am being a bit vague – but the question isn't what is important here. It is that God's timing is perfect and that sometimes we need to wait. We don't always get the answer we want and I don't know about you – I'm ok with that. I just want an answer even if the answer is no. Waiting is so difficult and yet it teaches us incredible perseverance.

So, I am sitting back and thanking God for the blessing of answering even a piece of what I have been asking for so long. I am grateful to move forward knowing that it is in God's hands.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, 11

1 There is a time for everything,
       and a season for every activity under heaven:

 2 a time to be born and a time to die,
       a time to plant and a time to uproot,

 3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
       a time to tear down and a time to build,

 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
       a time to mourn and a time to dance,

 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
       a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

 6 a time to search and a time to give up,
       a time to keep and a time to throw away,

 7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
       a time to be silent and a time to speak,

 8 a time to love and a time to hate,
       a time for war and a time for peace

11 He has made everything beautiful in its time.

No comments:

Post a Comment