Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 78 – Fill My Cup

Day 78 – Have you ever eaten yourself into a food coma? I did that tonight….and man am I beyond full. Why I did it isn't really that important but it really made me reflect on today's message from church.

Our pastor talked about how much we fill our cup with sin and how once the cup is full – how do we appear clean? Once the cup is full (which technically could be one sin) you cannot fill it with anything else. The only thing that could remove that sin from your life and clean your cup is through Christ. He took it on and bore every lash in our place.

I have seen so many good illustrations with this over time. One of my favorites that I used to show the youth group was using two cups full of clear liquid (one water and the other not). The first one represented our life and then I would add different food colorings to it until it looked like dirt. Then the other glass represented a pure life (Jesus) and how filling your life with that was the only way to clean your heart. So I would pour part of the pure liquid into the dirty liquid and it would all become clear. Then, I would pour more food coloring in the original cup that looked like dirt and it would immediately disappear. The point was that if you accepted Jesus into your heart, he washed you white as snow and covers you with His righteousness.

So, as I was filling myself more and more with food tonight…I was thinking about how we fill ourselves with THINGS to try to make ourselves happy. Whether it is food, material things, or people…we look to the wrong things to fill our cup. Inevitably, we will come up with an empty cup every time because it will never fill us the way that we need. Jesus paid the price and is the ONLY thing that will truly fill our cup.

1 Timothy 2:5-6

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time."-

No comments:

Post a Comment