Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 76 – Such a time…

Day 76 – There are people that come and go in our lives – sometimes with a whisper and sometimes with thunderous sounds. There really is no rhyme or reason to it in our eyes but it is clear that God brings them into our lives for a reason.

The question is – what do we do with the time when we are with them? Do we make idle chit chat or do we find out where their heart really lies?

I was thinking today about how we are surrounded by people ALL the time. We don't know their life stories, we co-exist with all of them, and yet we walk through life without really knowing most of them. God can use our moments that we are around people and use them for His glory. Whether it is a cashier or someone waiting on your table – we need to take the time to see God at work even in those little situations. It isn't an opportunity to bash someone over the head and tell them they are going to hell…but there is a reason it says in the Bible, "They will know us by our love".

Last week, I was in the counselor's office where I am going for the A.D.D. and a man looked at me and said, "Have we met – because you look soooo familiar!" I laughed and wasn't sure. Anyway, my son retorted by saying…"Mom, everyone thinks that you look familiar and that they know you." He and I talked about it on the way home and I told him that I would like to think that the familiar part they see is the Christ that lives inside of me. I pray that it isn't me they see at all. He liked that idea and agreed.

We just never know those God moments and when they come. We never know when our divine appointment to act on the behalf of God is on our doorstep.

In Esther it talks about "such a time as this"… She had no idea why she was being crowned queen when she was a Jew and how God was going to use her to free her people. How would she have known? The point is, there will always be moments that cross our path and it is up to us to realize that this might just be "such a time". I don't know about you – but I want to be aware and awake when I talk with people and experience life to not miss God standing right before me.

Esther 4:14

14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"

No comments:

Post a Comment