Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 59 – Flat Tire

Day 59 – Did you ever ride a bicycle that had a flat tire? It is such a struggle to get the bike to move forward and almost pointless because inevitably you are fighting an uphill battle. The more you pedal, the more tired you get not to mention frustrated. It is amazing how just a little bit of air makes that tire and bicycle easy to use. Suddenly, you are able to go miles and enjoy everything around you not even thinking about the effortless ride you are having.

There are people in our lives that can give us a deflated feeling. Sometimes the hurt grows to such a level that just like the bicycle, we can't move forward any longer because it is too hard to pedal. I have had people like that in my life and it hurts my heart beyond what I can begin to say. However, I wonder how often I have been that person to someone else. I don't ever want to be the person that takes the wind out of someone else's sail. I truly want to be an encourager and someone that lifts another up. Let's face it, some people are just not very lovable and those are the times where I struggle with being that wonderful encourager. Nothing I would like to do more than be critical of a person with that kind of demeanor. However, that makes me no different.

Matthew 11:28-30  28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

There are moments when I definitely feel weary while dealing with a flat tire. Thankfully, God picks me up and helps me battle to re-inflate my tires.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment