Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 79 - Tired

Day 79 – On certain days, I am more tired than others. I only slept about an hour last night and today would be a day where I feel a little tired. Then, after having drama today, I kind of hit the wall. I wanted to take a nap but knew that I couldn't because I might not sleep tonight. Such the dilemma!

I thought about how Jesus walked EVERYWHERE! How his journey must have seemed long and tiring! Not to mention the fact that he was carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders – I imagine that he was really tired.

Isaiah 40:28

Do you not know?
       Have you not heard?
       The LORD is the everlasting God,
       the Creator of the ends of the earth.
       He will not grow tired or weary,
       and his understanding no one can fathom.

While the physical man was tired, God will not grow tired and weary. There is nothing to small for him to handle and our understanding of him is so limited. So, while we get tired from time to time, we don't work 24/7 without ceasing. We complain about a few minutes to spend in the Bible or time with Him and we forget that he is always on the job and there with us even when we ignore him.

So, even when I'm tired and don't feel like I have the energy, He picks me up and gives me the perseverance to press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment