Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 57 – Cheesy

Day 57 – Today was a day of performances. My middle daughter had a play to help a group called Faith in Action. Then, my oldest daughter had the screening of the TV show that she filmed this last summer. I have to admit – both performances were a bit cheesy but loved seeing my daughters succeed.

There was a song in the play called, "Faith Like a Mustard Seed" that just made me smile. While the majority of the show was campy, the song made me really think about that verse. The song was a good rendition if we had faith like a mustard seed – we could change the world. It really is true. I get so caught up in the day-to-day stuff that my heart gets filled with anxiety and stress. I hold onto things that are garbage and take up precious time and energy. I also don't always trust God to come through when the chips are down. Have you seen a mustard seed? I bet most of us have. It is beyond tiny! How sad that we don't even have enough faith to measure up to that.

I have been in such reflection mode lately to make sure my heart is in the right place. Today, I came across the following verse and I would like to see if it speaks to you as well.

Psalm 139:23-24

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."-


 

Did God know what I needed to hear today or what?! I am not sure I always like the testing part. In fact, I will admit – I quite often really dislike that part. Do any of us really enjoy that? I think we would all be fine with it if we knew the test would only last a few days but we usually don't have forewarning it is coming nor do we have a timer to let us know when it might be completed.

Lord – I thank you for continuing to renew my heart and truly make me clean. That is all I can ask and all I can expect. While I don't always appreciate it, I know you are working it for the good and refining me into the person I should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment