Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 62 – Rabbit Hole

Day 62 – The new rendition of Alice in Wonderland has hit theaters. This movie is supposed to be what happens to Alice after many years have passed and she is a teenager who has found herself falling down that rabbit hole yet again.

Our lives truly are like that. Often we are walking along, we come along a rabbit hole and while investigating it – we fall in. When we finally hit rock bottom (literally) – we realize we are in unfamiliar territory and look for a way out. We often pinch ourselves to try to wake up from the dream/nightmare but find ourselves still caught in the hole with no way out.

Unlike Alice, we do have a way out no matter how deep the hole is. God will throw you the rope and he will pull you out of the mud. You don't need to be perfect and you don't need to be in a particular place for Him to rescue you. Just ask…

Psalm 40: 1-3

1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
       he turned to me and heard my cry.

 2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
       out of the mud and mire;
       he set my feet on a rock
       and gave me a firm place to stand.

 3 He put a new song in my mouth,
       a hymn of praise to our God.
       Many will see and fear
       and put their trust in the LORD.

1 comment:

  1. This is the verse my phone bible was set to open up too. Thank you for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete