Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 56 – Out of Control

Day 56 – I have had a productive day finishing my 2nd coat of paint in my kitchen. That has been an ongoing saga that I just don't care to rehash.

Tonight, my oldest went to her first dance. It wasn't at her school and she was going with a group of girls. First bit of news was that she would have to be submitted to a breathalyzer the moment she walked into the dance. She was laughing and said it was her first breathalyzer and all I could think was – it better be your last. Then I told her that I have never had one. How awful to be subject to that in order to go to a dance. Then, she came to me a few days later and told me that the girls she was going with suddenly had guys that they were going. They were going to seek out a date for her. What?! Clearly, this was out of her control all the way around. I cannot tell you what it has been like as her mother knowing that I have ZERO control over the situation except to not let her go. I decided to let her go and just trust her and more important trust that God was her foundation.

I have spent that last half of today engrossed in getting hit from yet another direction. I don't really want to give it time here except to say that I keep turning those goofy things over to God. It has been a battle every day of this journey and I don't write about ¾ of the things that truly happen. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it will all be for God's glory no matter what the outcome. I would just tell you that you, too, should take heart knowing that the God of the universe is walking along side of you and taking it on. Those things which are completely out of our control are just that – out of our control. ONLY God can take it and we shouldn't even fight to own it.

Isaiah 25:1

Praise to the LORD

 1 O LORD, you are my God;
       I will exalt you and praise your name,
       for in perfect faithfulness
       you have done marvelous things,
       things planned long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment