Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 77 – “Normal”

Day 77 – There are some days when I can fully appreciate a "normal" day.

When I was growing up, my closest friend and I used to joke about what "normal" really was. We used to say that there really was no such thing as normal because it was really abnormal to be normal because no one is completely normal. Did you follow that?

Anyway, after last night and this morning, I can truly appreciate a "normal" day. As you know, I have mentioned how I have struggled with some sleeping issues over the last several months. One of my blogs even documented my goofy sleep test where I'm happy to say I did not have sleep apnea. Woohoo! No funky mask or ear blowing in my head all night! However, I did have massive sleep disturbances. My doctor decided she wanted to get me back on track with my sleep with a mild sedative that I would take for a month and then wean off. Sounds innocuous doesn't it? NOT!!!

I waited until my husband was home from travel just in case I had an adverse reaction. Boy, am I glad that I did that. I took it for the first time last night and got sleepy pretty quickly. Then, I woke this morning at 7 and could hardly open my eyes. I closed them again and woke again at 8:30. Again, it was impossible to open my eyes. I tried so hard to wake up but I just couldn't. Then, when I did try, I saw double and was dizzy. I had the most difficult time trying to get up. My husband was kind enough to go get me coffee at Starbucks to try to help me wake up. He even got me a Venti which is the largest one. Normally a venti would have sent me through the roof jittery wise. This time, it just took the edge off the meds…no impact from the caffeine. NOT good! Let me just say – NEVER again. I will just have to deal with the sleep issue another way.

How often do we trade one problem for another one in effort to make things easier? When we try to ignore things going wrong in our life – we often will choose a different path that has another set of problems attached. We think we are choosing something easier when in fact it is just making our life more difficult than it was.

God truly has made it pretty simple…so why do we make it so difficult? We run away from facing our issues in hopes that they will go away and in turn gain more problems. When we rest in Jesus, we can fall on our knees and know that Jesus will help us not only face ourselves but move beyond.

Psalm 62:7

"My salvation and my honor depend on God ; he is my mighty rock, my refuge."-

No comments:

Post a Comment