Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 12 - Jonah’s Whale


Day 12 – Today's mile was excruciating as I managed to catch what my daughter Hope had the other day. I am so very sick but I made a commitment to God to do at least a mile. Not to worry, I took it very slow and am grateful it is done!

My mile lesson today came from my son, Daniel. He was telling me about his day and how two of his friends have been fighting and refuse to talk to one another. He has pleaded with each one of them separately to give the other one a chance. He decided to write a note to one of them and share about how God gives us second chances and shouldn't we strive to be like God. The one boy said to him, "But I'm not God!" Daniel said, "No, you aren't but just like Jonah got a second chance in the whale – we, too should give others a second chance." The boys decided to talk and all was well. How fun to learn the lesson through my 10 year old son that God is the God of second chances and not only that – but we need to do the same for others. I know that I have shared about God giving us a second chance before but the fact that Daniel went out of his way to make sure others were living a Godly life was what impressed me.

"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life."- Galatians 6:7-8

How often do we sit back and watch things happen because we don't think we can effect change?! Truth is, we can at any point. If we go to someone with a pure heart and wanting to please God, He will see that through for good. Where is God asking you to give a second chance?

No comments:

Post a Comment