Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 20 - A Mighty Tongue

Day 20 – Wow, I’m a fifth of the way done with my little project. It is hard to believe to tell you the truth. Today was a full day. We published our cast list and I’m waiting for fallout from that due to hurt feelings or jealousy. I always pray it doesn’t happen but it inevitably does when you have 56 kids to cast – and I’m proud to say I keep everyone. However, my day ended on a bit of a somber note regarding my righteous anger. I did follow Matthew 18 and went to the people and tried to talk to them. I would LOVE to tell you that it went well and that justice came about. However, it did not.


As I was doing my mile, I kept remembering two things. First, our mouths can be wonderful or horrible things. Proverbs 13:3 says: 3 He who guards his lips guards his life,

but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin.

I do not want to go on about this any longer. I know that I handled it in the way that it needed. I do not want to say nasty things about what happened or who said things. It does not serve anyone but Satan and then no one wins.

The second thing I am keeping my mind and heart on are that sometimes we don’t see the rewards here or justice here because this is a fallen world. Acts 17:31 says: 31For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."



My mother always did say, if you have nothing nice to say then don’t say it at all….so here it goes……………………………………………………………………….

Thank you Lord - Amen

1 comment:

  1. Well, that is a hard experience, but thanks for leading the way in take the right actions in response to conflict.

    ReplyDelete