Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 16 - Weary

Day 16 – There are days when just utter exhaustion sets in and today is one of those days. I slept very little last night due to a really bad head cold. I woke up knowing that I had a lot to do today in preparation for the Drama Club that I direct. We had auditions today for The Wizard of Oz. After prep and meeting with my awesome team, I felt ready to face auditions with a smile.

Approximately 50 children showed up with nervous but smiling faces. They sang and they acted. If that wasn't enough, then we had a parent meeting to follow. After it was all done, I got in my car and felt my body just say it was done for the day. I sat thinking through my day and realized I had not done my mile yet and I put my head down knowing how crummy I felt.

After I got home and ate dinner, I decided to go ahead and do my mile. The mile was fine but it made me reflect. I know, what else is new?! It made me think about how even when we don't feel like doing something or going somewhere, God still shows up. Even when we are too side tracked or ill or whatever the reason may be, He doesn't take time off. As per His usual style, He showed up to help me get through my mile without too much difficulty. He's always there…and I'm glad I found just enough energy to go meet Him there.

Hebrews 12:2-3 says:

2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

So, while my body is definitely weary tonight, my heart is ready to run a marathon with God as I know He will always show up to the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment