Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Do Over


There are times when no matter how good our intentions are – we just fall short. I let so many things get in the way of doing my mile with God every day. How sad is that? I would do a mile elsewhere – but my quiet time and mile with God fell by the wayside for any number of reasons. I was either busy with preparing Christmas for the family or I was not feeling well. But seriously, I couldn't come up with time to do just one measly mile? It makes me so very sad and I can sense the lack of deep connection like I was feeling when I was consistently doing the mile.
I really did do some writing…I had written many other days about various things but didn't post thinking that no one was really reading what I was writing and that it didn't matter if I got it posted or not. Truth is, it really didn't matter if anyone else read it. I needed to stay committed to what I promised God. I guess it was a blessing in disguise because it just goes to show you that not everything will be perfect when you set out to fulfill something with God's will in mind. We WILL fall short if we rely on ourselves. I think that is where I lost sight of the bigger picture. I was more concerned with if others were reading rather than fulfilling what God asked me to do. All He asked me to do was to do a mile a day for 100 days and write about it. He didn't promise me that anyone would read about it and He didn't promise anything would come of the whole journey. It is my transformation and no one else's.
It was about this time of me sitting in my self-pity party that my friend from Toledo called and said she was trying to read my blog but that I hadn't posted anything new in awhile. Can we say, "Convicted"?! I was immediately saddened that I had let it go.
I am so blessed to know that God gives 2nd, 3rd, and 95th chances. He wants us to succeed and He wants to grant the desires of our heart but with His will in mind.
So, I am blessed to get a do over. Rarely do we get those chances except with God. He will accept us where we are and continue to work with us despite our downfalls and flaws. If you think you need to be perfect, then you will never measure up. In fact, it is usually through our weakness that he shows up like a knight in shining armor so that His true glory and greatness can shine through. It isn't about us at all…it is ALL about Him.
Tomorrow starts a new 100 days. I can't believe I am saying that but I truly want to complete the assignment the way that God put it out there for me. 100 days – 100 miles
I will do it for Him and I will do this to grow closer to Him. Truth is – I have even in my pitfall.  I realize minute by the minute how I need Him more than anything else.

2 comments:

  1. Tris, I LOVE how you continue to seek God out and your life and walk are truly an inspiration to me and I'm sure others! How true is it that the harder we try to seek HIM out the harder the enemy throws things in our way to stop us. PRESS ON SISTER and hoping to be able to LISTEN to what GOD is saying to me this week.

    Please don't stop writing:) We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so amazing and so true. Thank God for the amazing chances He longs to give us. Thank GOD that ultimately, all our miles are completed in His sight, yet He allows us to strive for closeness, for renewed commitment, and the adventure of learning to draw closer to Him. Even in the up-and-down of the journey there is joy and beauty just that we get to try. So amazing... Thank you for your frankness and honesty! I am inspired by you.

    ReplyDelete