Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 14 - Persevere


Day 14 – There are some days when my heart is not fully into reading the Word or I try to get it done as quickly as possible. However, there are other days when for one reason or another, every obstacle gets in my path. Those are the days when I know I need to push through and hear what God has to say. The Bible passage that was put in my path today was:

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."- James 1:5

 
After I did my mile, I went to further look up that passage, and the verses before it say:  2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

 
Haha…guess God needed me to hear about persevering today as I am facing several trials in life. I know this is going to be an ongoing message throughout all of our lives. How are you being tested and are you clinging to God or trying to get through it as quickly as possible?

 
God finds ways to get His message through even when we try not to hear it. I know that in order to get through these trials, I will need to grip tightly to Him and His living and breathing Word. I pray that you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment