Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 21 - GPS

Day 21 – I am finally sitting down and trying to reflect on my day. Saturdays seem to be a day of taxi driving from one thing to another. Today, I had to go to my middle daughter's basketball game which was an hour away. By the time I picked up my son from Cub Scouts, I had just enough time to get to her game on time. I was all excited as I plugged the name of the place into my GPS. Now let me say that it was a GOOD thing that Hope rode the team bus.

We started our trek and got close. We were about 5 minutes from game time when we got to the YMCA where it was to be held. It said Meyers YMCA. However, I didn't see the bus. I saw that there had been another address for a Meyers YMCA and it was only a mile away so we ran down there only to find that it was a YMCA daycare. So, we trekked back to that YMCA. We got out of the car and ran in thinking we would just miss the tip. WRONG! We talked to the woman behind the desk and it wasn't the Meyers Lake YMCA. She gave us the address and off we ran back to the car. I plugged the address into my GPS but it kept taking us to a different street. We got to that general location and didn't see this other supposed YMCA. Where was it??!! Finally, on a fluke, I typed it in as Myers Lake YMCA and it came up and we found it almost 45 minutes late. We walked in at the end of the 3rd quarter and I felt like quite the heel of a mother. To top it off, on the outside of the building, it said Meyers Lake YMCA spelled the way I originally typed it.

How often we are on a path we think is to the right place and when we get there – clearly we are a little lost? Things aren't always what they seem. We may set off in a direction that we feel is right but it isn't what God had in store for us. God blesses us with so much and yet we often feel the need to take the wheel and drive where we want to go instead of waiting on God's direction. It sounds so simple but control feels so much easier at times. The truth is that it just ends up taking us twice as long to get to our destination because God is still going to get us to His destination instead of the one where we went.

Proverbs 3:5-6 says:  5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
       and lean not on your own understanding;

 6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
       and he will make your paths straight

I pray that I can just trust the Lord and let Him lead rather than me taking a wrong turn and ending up in the wrong place.

No comments:

Post a Comment