Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 22 - Blessed


Day 22 – It has been a full but blessed weekend. God seems to show up at every corner and I am so blessed to truly see that instead of thinking it is a coincidence.

My mile has become routine now that I have been doing it for over 21 days. I look forward to that time with God and definitely feel like it is missing when I don't get to it until the end of the day. I'm grateful that God is with me for more than just that mile a day as well.

So, what I wanted to share with you today is something funny that I heard at church today. How often do we ask for something from God? My guess is that it is probably pretty often. Our pastor talked about how we are often asking for something rather than giving thanks for that gift he gave us so willingly. When someone gives you a gift, you typically remember it very well and are very thankful. And yet, God gave us the greatest gift there is. The pastor joked about how you wouldn't go straight to a friend and say, "Hey, can I have your truck?" Normally, you work that into the conversation and are thankful for the little things before asking. Shouldn't we also go to God EVERY time and be thankful for that one true gift before asking him for something else that will pale in comparison?
May you feel as blessed as I do today.
I Thessalonians 5:16-18 16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment