Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 17 – 83 Days


Day 17 – What if you knew about the day you were going to die? I know, it is an odd way to start this today. However, what if you knew the amount of days that you had to live? I was seriously considering this as I was thinking about how I only have 83 days left to do my assignment. Not that I am planning on dying in that time but the question came up in my heart and mind about how I would live my life differently if I only had 83 days to live.

That really causes you to stop and wonder if anything would be different. I think the things that we fight about, the really stupid things, would just disappear. I think I would spend more quality time with the kids, maybe even pull them out of school for a short time and just love on them. I would share my heart with people, apologize for my wrongs, and just focus on going home to be with Jesus. So, why don't we live our lives like our days are numbered?

I know we can all answer that. I have worked with youth for a long time and the one thing that they believe they are is invincible. Nothing can harm them. I've seen too much to believe that any longer but even as adults we still don't lead our lives like that. I've seen children die for various reasons stretching from disease to accidents. Clearly life is unexpected. We all say that we only have today but we still don't even live today like it could be the last. Most of us spend our days either at a job or working at home and fill our time with errands and a little bit of time with family or friends if it fits into the schedule.

So, I ask you – how would you lead your life differently if you only had 83 days left to live? Would you spend your time arguing over idiotic things or being angry that something didn't go your way? How would you spend your days?
Ephesians 5:14-17 says:

14for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said:
   "Wake up, O sleeper,
      rise from the dead,
   and Christ will shine on you."

 15Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.

 

Let us live our days so as to be wise, be In the light and know that today truly may be our last. How will you do it different?!

No comments:

Post a Comment