Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 30 – The Flood

Day 30 – I had quite the adventure today. My husband was nice enough to let me get some new kitchen appliances. Two of the three were 20 years old (as I blogged about before). I can do electrical work so I went ahead and forewent the dishwasher installation. It was an additional 150 plus tax. Let me start by saying, I still don't regret that decision but wish I had known what was in store prior to starting the day.

After the other two appliances were installed, the nice young gentlemen left and I was left to my own devices with the dishwasher. I knew I was going to need a new water line just so it would fit properly. I turned off the water (so I thought) and started to unhook the water line. Let's just say that the water line was not completely off and I took off running to shut off the main in the basement. After sopping up LOTS of water, I then realized that the power cord was missing for the dishwasher. Off to Home Depot I went. I bought a new power cord and got a new water line and all was well…or so I thought. I got home and started to install the water line. It was the longest one they had and it was still too short. Furthermore, it started to leak water. I have heard of water in the line but let me tell you…not like that. I continued to tighten the water line under the sink in hopes that it would stop leaking. I was terrified to hook up the power with all that water everywhere. I was determined to get the water dried up and attempt it all again. Off to Home Depot I went again and got an additional water line to extend to the dishwasher. I came home again and hooked up what I could and prayed beyond praying that there would be NO leaks. Amen…no leaks…but this was hours later.

While it was a crazy adventure, it is nothing compared to the spiritual adventure we are on every day. I could have let go and given up today. I could have called someone in to fix my problem but I would have missed out on so much of my time with God and the many goofy things I learned about myself today. He was with me even in the midst of my dishwasher woes. He was with me on all the trips to the hardware store. I'm sure he was laughing with me every time I realized I needed to go back to the store. I was truly walking and hanging out with God today in the craziness of the day.

Let us always remember that this is an adventure and even the hard days are part of the fun. We can feel so blessed in even the small things.

1 Corinthians 1:7 (The Message)

 7-9Just think—you don't need a thing, you've got it all! All God's gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale. And not only that, but God himself is right alongside to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by Jesus. God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of his Son and our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you. Never forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment