Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 41 – Arrow of Light

Day 41 – A ray of sunshine was today! Compared to the last 40 days, today was absolute bliss.

My morning started out as most mornings. I was sitting at Starbucks (the one in Target) this morning thinking about all of the various little items that I needed from the store. You would think that I would just get up and go shop in Target, right?! No! I knew the things I needed were cheaper at Walmart and that is only across the street. First of all, I must tell you that I absolutely hate Walmart. They never did anything to wrong me or anything like that but the shopping experience is never stellar there. So, I traipsed over to Walmart and started to shop.

I ran into one friend and then another and yet another. Wow, not a bad experience. Then, I was blessed with my own neon sign. Ok, I'm probably speaking gibberish again. My one friend jokes that I must have a neon sign on my forehead saying, "Tell me all about your life!" I have to admit, it really must be true. It doesn't really matter where I go, people tell me about their life whether I know them or not. Anyway, a lovely woman who works at Walmart comes out of nowhere when I was at the checkout and says, "I thought that was you." She came from across the store to see if it was me. She proceeded to tell me about various aspects of her life and then I stopped and prayed for her. That wasn't to MY credit – believe me. God prompted me to pray for her and I didn't want to miss out on the prompting. While she felt like I had blessed her today, I am telling you that her coming from across the store and she could clearly see me was such a blessing to me. It was so neat to see how God works in the smallest of circumstances.

If that wasn't blessing enough, I was able to watch my son achieve a wonderful award tonight. He earned his Arrow of Light badge in Cub Scouts. Not everyone in Cub Scouts earns this badge and it takes a lot of discipline to get this one. The Arrow of Light signifies moving forward and always staying on the path. It was such an honor to watch him up on stage tonight and realize that he is growing up. The part that I cannot convey enough tonight was about something else that happened. Daniel had a boy in his den that died from Leukemia. Daniel prayed every day for two years for this little boy and has prayed for his family ever since he died. That boy's family was there tonight. They gave special gifts to the boys from Daniel's den (hahaha…get it…Daniel and the Lion's Den…but I digress). I cried as I filmed the ceremony. What struck me is that Daniel already had his real life Arrow of Light. God blessed Daniel at an early age with discernment and wisdom about the heart of people. He had been praying and was ON the right path moving forward. Forget the badge! Amazing what we can learn when we REALLY look and listen!

Instead of a Bible verse, I would like to leave you with the lyrics from a song.

Marvelous Light –

Chorus
Into marvelous light I'm running
Out of darkness, out of shame
Through the cross You are the truth
You are the life, You are the way

Verse 1
I once was fatherless, a stranger with no hope
Your kindness wakened me
Wakened me from my sleep
Now Your love, it beckons deeply
A call to come and die
By grace now I will come and take this life, take Your life

Pre-Chorus
Sin has lost its power, death has lost its sting
From the grave You've risen victoriously

Verse 2
My dead heart now is beating
My deepest stain's now clean
Your breath fills up my lungs; now I'm free, now I'm free
My dead heart now is beating
My deepest stain's now clean Your breath fills up my lungs; now I'm free, now I'm free

Bridge
Lift my hands and spin around
See the light that I have found
Oh, the marvelous light, marvelous light
It's Christ in You


Copyright © 2005 worshiptogether.com

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing to be able know what is going on in your life and how you bless so many people.

    ReplyDelete