Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 38 – Paint Chips

Day 38 – Have you ever looked at something and swore that it looked one way but then when you got it home, it looked completely different? I recently brought home some paint chips that I saw in the store. I looked at them under the light at the store and certain ones seemed absolutely beautiful; however, when I got them home – they just didn't match. The perception and memory of what I thought it would look like were very different than reality.

It is the same with people. We might see them every day and assume certain things about them but in the end our opinion doesn't really matter. It is how God sees me and you that matters.

We need to be very careful how we see ourselves because it may be a clever ploy to pull us off track. So, we turn to scripture and see how God sees us.

  1. We are wonderfully made. Psalm 139: 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
  2. If you think you are not beautiful, how can you think that when you are created in God's image? Not only are we beautiful in his sight but we are made to look like our creator – and that is awesome and beyond beautiful! Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
  3. God loves you so much that he gave his only and only son – his most cherished for us. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
  4. Jesus calls us his friend - John 15:15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.


 

Ok, how can we go wrong when we follow how God sees us? We are so incredibly blessed, cherished and beyond beautiful. Don't get caught in the trap of thinking that you aren't. We all have things we are working on whether it be our personality or our looks. Let us strive to be what God wants us over what we want for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment