Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 44 – Raging Sea

Day 44 – Tonight was a proud moment for me. It was my daughter's basketball awards ceremony. Sure, I was a proud mom and thrilled to watch her honored for the long season. However, my true pride came for my husband.

My husband is actually the 8th grade girls' coach and let's just say he had a beyond challenging season. As he stated this evening, he only had 7 players and several of them had never played basketball before. Let me back up and say that his team from last year won the entire conference – so he was coming off a wonderful year. He knew that his chances were slim with the upcoming team but knowing that and living it are two different things. He definitely had frustrating moments especially at the beginning of the season. However, his heart began to change and all he wanted to do for these girls who hustled at every game was to make sure they enjoyed themselves. Sure he wanted to win but I truly believe he wanted that for them more than himself.

He talked about how we need to praise God in the good and praise God in the bad. I was really proud of how he handled himself and truly conveyed his heart to the girls. It is incredibly difficult to go an entire season without winning a game and still keep the excitement and spirit going. Those girls did and so did he. It takes a lot to humble yourself especially after a year of winning.

He left the girls with a special presentation and the lyrics to this song by Michael W. Smith. May we always be reminded that the journey is long but God is always there.

Raging Sea

Sometimes the journey makes you weary
Feels like a long and winding road
Sometimes this life can lose it's meaning
But you might be surprised to find some hope
Maybe you're wondering where love is
You may feel it's far away from here
Maybe you're wondering where I am
You might be surprised to find I'm near

Chorus:
And when your life is tossed and turning
And your on the raging sea
I'll come and pull you from the water
Then you will know that you are free

So if you're stumbling through the valley
Or if you're tempted to give up the fight
Reach out your hand and I will lead you
I will be your strong arm in the night

Repeat chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment