Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 31- Breakfast for the Soul

Day 31 – There are certain days where I just do not want to write. A big part of that is because of hard lessons I am learning or simply because I am just plain tired. Tonight, I would say both are the case. In effort to learn more about myself walking along side of God, I have learned some rather ugly things.

While I start to work on those things, I thought I would share with you about how we need to give to God before we do anything else. I did not sleep well last night for a variety of reasons. However, a big chunk of my day was giving to other people. I really had nothing left to give when it came to my mile. I was wiped out, sad and frustrated with myself not to mention going non-stop for everyone else.

We truly should start the day with God and continue to take Him throughout our day and hopefully end with Him as well. I know that we all know that but it is abundantly clear on a day like today. I did do my mile today but without the fervor and excitement that I normally do. For THAT, I am truly sorry because that isn't fair to God. Just as you should start the day with breakfast so that you have fuel for your day, you should start with spiritual food or you will continue to go through the day filling yourself with snack food that isn't filling and probably will only leave you feeling empty inside.

James 5: 10-11 10Brothers, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. 11As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment