Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 49 - Friendship

Day 49 – What was the best gift you ever received? For me, it has been the gift of friendship.

I will never forget my first closest friends. One of them was my next door neighbor and one was a girl who lived down the street from me. I can still tell you things that we did and how we laughed. I haven't seen either one of them for years and yet I still have such fond memories of my childhood with them.

I have been blessed by such incredible friends along the way and I don't know as that I would have fully appreciated them without having a drought of no friendships. In fact, I have been grateful for those times because it really causes me to see Jesus as my best friend and confidant. The people that have come into my life have been such a gift from God and He has always known what I needed and when.

Even Jesus had close friends on whom he came to depend. The Bible talks about friendship in many areas and here are just a few:

Proverbs 17:17

 17 A friend loves at all times,
       and a brother is born for adversity.

Proverbs 18:24
There are "friends" who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother

Proverbs 20:6
Many will say they are loyal friends, but who can find one who is truly reliable?

John 15:13–15
There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn't confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me

Proverbs 3:32
Such wicked people are detestable to the LORD, but he offers his friendship to the godly

Romans 5:10
For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son.

These are just a few of the verses found on friendship. Clearly God wanted us to be in Christian fellowship not only with each other but with Him as well. I am so blessed by my friends and cannot give enough thanks for them and how they have touched my life. Count your blessings if you have one good friend and if you don't, remember that God will always be the friend that you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment